Are you looking out for a creative option for your child or yourself We at Futurist are organizing a FINE ART SUMMER COURSE, which starts from 15th may, 2018. Join us thrice a week at our studio to learn and enhance the skills involved in fine arts and painting.
To join or for any further inquiries, please call us at 9717417722, 9810931726.
From the Co-Founder’s desk….
As Pablo Picasso aptly said “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” Whether an artist, an architect, an art lover or a designer, sketching is a powerful tool in the design evolution process. Through this, we are trying to emphasize the significance of freehand sketching and its application in the process of design evolution.
- Sketching is about free expression through different media like pencil, pen, charcoal, ink, etc. It helps you to conceptualize the design and helps visualize better. There is no age to start sketching, it is fun and fulfilling at every stage and also brings out the creativity inside you.
- Its a myth that freehand sketching takes a lot of time, in fact, during the conception of any design initial sketches are extremely important. Take Frank Lloyd Wright, for example, a brilliant well-known architect. Each of his projects used to begin with conceptual sketches. Later his abstract drawings would shape into detailed designs and eventually into three-dimensional models.
- Everything around could be an inspiration. The record or the sketchbook that you create is like a rich composition of ideas and inspirations. You might just want to carry it along everywhere. So, the next time you are traveling, don’t forget to carry your pocket size sketchbook.
- Initial design ideas consist of conceptual sketches, line drawings, and some incomplete drawings. This necessarily would not resemble the end product. It’s imperative to brainstorm ideas with help of sketches and doodles to generate concrete concepts. This is extremely important before you start working on the computer to understand the scale and proportion.
- As a designer, it’s important to “sell” your design to your client. The initial sketches generate interest and show the entire design process to the client, hence making it a bit easier to convince him.
Sketching and designing go hand in hand. It’s never too late to start sketching. It’s important to unlearn what you have absorbed till now and hence just observe and draw…… because when you can’t draw with a pencil, draw with your eyes!!!…. With this thought, we initiated the institute “THE FUTURIST….it means to study the future & make predictions about it on the basis of the current trends.”
About the Course Co-ordinator…
Mr. Sumer Singh, an artist by profession, sees himself as ‘an observer critic ‘caricature artist and cartoonist. His paintings & sculptures document the nature, its surroundings & human portraits.In his paintings, objects and people from different works of life are brought together in scenes that seem to take place with respect to the modern day scenario.
Working in oils on canvas, he uses the rich tones that oils provide to give his painting a strong physical presence that presence is enhanced by his skills at rendering lifelike figures and his sharp eye for manipulating proportion of scale.
I try to reach beyond the borders- language religion or tradition he says and his painting reflect the goal. In the past, he was engaged with projects from Samsung, NDTV, and event companies.