JEE Mains (B.Arch) is conducted by the CBSE for all government colleges and state-funded universities. This year i.e. 2018, the exam will be held on 8th April. The registration process starts on 1st Dec 2017 and goes on till 1st January 2018.
JEE (Main) – 2018 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.), or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
Some important points in regards to the application process:
- Candidates seeking admission to B.ARCH/B.PLAN course is required to appear only for PAPER 2.
- Candidates have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE (Main).
- The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE is only an examination conducting body. After the declaration of result, the data is handed over to Seat Allocation Board or the concerned state government/institute for Seat Allocation Process and admission procedure.
- Aadhar Card is mandatory for applying for JEE 2018.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parent’s name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number.
How to apply?
In order to appear in JEE (Main) 2018, the candidates are required to apply only online. The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at JEE (Main) website. The candidates should give all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, an Acknowledgement Page with Application No. will be generated, which is very important.One should take the printout of the Acknowledgement Page and keep it for one’s own reference and not to be sent to JEE or CBSE centre.
The application fee payment can be made:
- By credit/debit card/Paytm
- By depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank through e-challan generated during the online filling of application form. To apply for JEE mains, you can visit www.jeemain.nic.in.
|1||a. Dates of JEE (Main) for
Pen and Paper based
examination 08.04.18 (Sunday)
Paper 2(B.Arch/B.Planning) paper 2
|0930-1200 hrs (IST)
1400-1700 hrs (IST)
|b Dates of JEE (Main) comp based||15/04/18 (Sunday)
|c Online submission of application on website www.jeemain.nic.in||01.12.2017 – 01.01.2018|
|2||Last date for
Online submission of applications
|3||Date of availability of Admit card for JEE(Main) on website||2nd week of March 2018 onwards|
|4||Center of Examination||As indicated on admit card|
|5||Display or answer key and Image Response (OMR) Sheet||24th–27th April, 2018|
|6||Declaration of JEE(Main) Paper 1 score/ All India Rank and top 220000 candidates eligible for appearing in JEE(advanced)||30th April, 2018|
|7||Declaration of All India Rank JEE (Main) Paper- 2||31st May, 2018|
|8||Availability of score/ rank cards on website||After Declaration of All India Rank (AIR) of JEE (Main)-2018|
|9||Material to be brought on the date of Examination||Admit card and document as required under point no. 7. However, the candidates who have also opted for Paper-2(B.Arch/B.Planning) of JEE
(Main), are advised to bring their own clipboard, geometry box set, pencils, eraser and colour pencils and crayons
|10||Rough work (Pen and Paper Based Examination
Rough Work (Computer Based Examination)
|All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only. The candidate should NOT do any rough work or put stray mark on Answer sheet
Paper for rough work will be provided at the examination centre.