UCEED Coaching in Delhi
The Futurist is one of the leading coaching institutes for UCEED coaching in Delhi. The students are trained by expert designers and architects from IIT and SPA. Due to the high success rate in UCEED batches our institute is widely popular amongst the west Delhi students. We boast of being one of the best place for UCEED coaching in Delhi. TheFuturist has two centers in Delhi located in Tilak Nagar and Naraina. Students from various places like Tilak Nagar, Tagore Garden, Subhash Nagar, Janakpuri, Vikaspuri, Vishnu garden, Ashok Nagar, Rajouri garden and Naraina visit our institute to fulfill their dreams.
QUESTION PAPER UCEED 2020
- There will be ONE question paper of total 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- Questions from both the parts are compulsory.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part A and Part B. Details from both the parts are given below:
- Total marks: 240 marks; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 mins.
- Will be administered through a Computer Based Test.
- Will consist of 3 sections.
NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks). For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
MSQ (Multiple Select Questions): 18 questions (4 marks each; 0.19 negative marks). Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions): 32 questions (3 marks each; 0.71 negative marks). Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.
- Total marks: 60 marks; Maximum time: 30 mins marks]
- Consists of one question that is aimed at testing drawing skills which will require subjective evaluation.
- Will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only.
- Answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- The Drawing question is mandatory.
The entire paper (both part-A and Part-B) must be finished within overall time duration of 3 hours.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total Marks|
|Part A (240 Marks , 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part - B ( 60 marks, 30 mins)|
|Total (Part A- Part B combined) : 300 MARKS|
SYLLABUS UCEED 2020
Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED.
- Application can be done ONLY online through the application portal linked from www.uceed.in.
- Start Date: October 17 tentatively
- End Date (with regular fee): November 11 tentatively (with Rs.500 late fee): November 18 tentatively.
- Admit card downloading: December 26
- The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card: January 9
UCEED 2020 will have two parts- PART A (COMPUTER BASED APTITUDE TEST) and PART B9PAPER BASED DRAWING TEST). Part-A will have questions from the following topics
VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITY
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITY
Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL AWARENESS
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING
Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns
LANGUAGE AND CREATIVITY
Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Part-B will have question from the following topic:
Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS ON THE DAY OF THE EXAMINATION for UCEED 2020
- Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded admit card. Only candidates having a valid admit card will be allowed to write the examination.
- The candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as IIT representatives. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, the authorities at their discretion may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities. No compensatory time will be allowed for completing the examination in lieu of the time taken for completing these formalities.
- Impersonation in the examination is a serious offence and will lead to disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and lead to criminal proceeding against the candidate.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry any electronic device (mobile phones, smart phones, digital/smart watches, calculators, tablets etc.), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box, etc. to the examination hall. A list of forbidden items will be put up on the website before the exam if there are additional items.
Candidates have to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the paper.
REVIEW, REGARDING or RETOTALLING
- Part-A of the examination is a computer based test, there is no scope for review, re-grading or re-totalling of the Part-A marks of the examination paper.
- Part-B contains only one question which is going to be manually evaluated through the sheet provided by the invigilator irrespective of it being marked online.
- Marks obtained in Part-A will be used to shortlist candidates. The cut-offs for Part-A marks for shortlisting candidates in the Open category will be X + yΣ, where X is the average marks obtained by all candidates in Part A, Σ is the standard deviation and y is calculated on the basis of total number of the seats.
- The evaluation of Part-B will be done manually by two evaluators independently.
- If the difference <= 12 marks (20%), a simple average of the two examiners will be considered.
- If the difference > 12 marks (20%), the answer sheet of Part-B will be evaluated by a third examiner (and so on until the difference <= 20%).
A simple average of the closest of 2 evaluators will be selected as the final marks.
- Total UCEED score will be calculated by adding the marks obtained in Part-A and Part-B. This total score will be used to prepare the final result.
- UCEED 2020 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key (Part-A) will be released on the UCEED website on January 25, 2020.
- Candidates can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers.
- Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to email@example.com, on or before January 31, 2020. Candidates have to mention “Comments on Answer Keys” in the subject of the mail.
- Final decision regarding the answer keys will be taken by the UCEED committee after consolidating all the comments from the candidates and the paper setting team. This decision will be binding on all the candidates.
RESULTS OF UCEED 2020
- Results will be declared on March 13, 2020.
- UCEED results will be available on the website. Candidates need to use their user login and password (created during registration process) for viewing the results on the webpage.
- UCEED qualified students will be able to download their score cards from March 13, 2020.
- Hard copy of the UCEED score card will not be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified candidates.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des programme.
RANK LISTS UCEED 2020
- Rank list will be prepared based on the total marks (Part-A and Part-B combined) in UCEED 2020.
- There will be only ONE rank list. However, candidates will be able to check their provisional category-wise standing from the results page.
- If the total marks scored by two or more candidates are same, then the following tie-break policy will be used for awarding ranks.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Part-B.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Part-A’s Section 2.
- If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Part-A’s Section 1.
- If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in both Part-A and Part-B, each Section of the question paper and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category as shown in the table below.
- However, the UCEED Committee reserves the right to decrease the minimum % of marks in each section as well as the minimum total marks such that 10×N ranks can be announced, where N is the total number of available seats.
Minimum prescribed marks for inclusion in the rank list
Merit List Minimum % of marks in each section in Part A and Part B Minimum Total Marks Common Rank List ( CRL) 10 100 OBC - NCL Rank List 9 90 SC Rank List
5 50 ST Rank List 5 50 PWD Rank List 5 50
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD QUESTION PAPER OF 2019 – http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/downloads/UCEED.2019.Question.Paper.pdf
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ANSWER KEY OF UCEED 2019- http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/downloads/UCEED.2019.Final.Answer.Keys.pdf
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD QUESTION PAPER OF 2018- http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/downloads/UCEED.2018.Question.Paper.pdf
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ANSWER KEY TO UCEED 2018- http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/downloads/UCEED.2018.Final.Answer.Keys.pdf
FOR REGISTRATION OF UCEED 2020 CLICK HERE- http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/apply.html#https://uceedapp.iitb.ac.in/UCEED/home.jsp
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in UCEED 2020
A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2020
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1995 if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
CRITERION 2 – NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
CRITERION 3 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019, OR appearing in 2020. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible.
Seats available for academic year 2020-21:
The following table shows category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2020-2021:
PD reservations @ 5%(total 2 seats in all above programmes) will be horizontal (i.e., PD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota)
Only 43 seats available, UCEED Batches are about to start!
© Copyright 2018 The Futurist. All Rights Reserved.